Every school receives additional funding for children who are entitled to free school meals; who have been ’Looked After’ for 6 months or more; and for children from families in the armed forcesThis funding also includes children who have been entitled to free school meals at some point in the last 6 years
Here at Coates Lane we aim to ensure that all children have the same access to the curriculum, life experiences and resources to enhance their learning.
Often there is a concern that a stigma is attached to low income families; therefore at Coates Lane we treat any discussions about free school meals with absolute confidentiality. We would never assume that children from lower income families are less able, indeed we firmly believe that every child can achieve and succeed. To help enable this achievement we have funded a full time nurture leader to provide one-to-one and small group teaching to eligible children in school time. The selected children are almost always eligible for the PPG but may also have a gap in their learning.
Some of the funding is also focussed on raising aspirations and enrichment. We pay towards the cost of trips, school uniform, sports clubs and other activities/items so that they can benefit from these experiences.
In addition we ensure that attendance of the PP children is monitored and supported by Pupil Premium lead, Mr Maiden.
For more information as to what we offer our children who are in receipt of the pupil premium funding please refer to the documents below.
Do you receive one of the following benefits?
- Income Support (IS)
- Income Related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA-IR)
- Income Based Jobseeker’s Allowance (IB-JSA)
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit and are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and your annual income, as assessed by the Inland Revenue, does not exceed £16,190
- Working Tax Credit ‘run on’- the payment you receive for a further four weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit
If you meet any of these criteria we do urge you to register. All you need to do is download the application form below and return it to East Area Education Office, 44 Union Street, Accrington, BB5 1PL or email email@example.com